From a small town of Himachal, she is now ruling the Bollywood industry! Her filmy career has been exceptionally thorny and uneven but with her attitude, determination and hard work she has won the hearts of her viewers, and has been praised by her co-stars as well as her critics.
Here's a sneak-peek at this ‘Pahadi’ girl’s bollywood journey.
1. Kangana’s father was never happy with her decision of becoming an actress. After a showdown with her father, she left her home and headed towards Mumbai to accomplish her dream of becoming an actress. The journey has been pretty rough after that. In an interview on being asked about her early days, Kangana said, “I did everything that I could for food and money.”
Kangana is very close to her family and make it a point to spend quality time with them whenever possible.
2. She left her studies at an early age of 16 after completing her schooling from DAV Model School, Chandigarh and enrolled in Elite Modelling Agency in Delhi with prospects of becoming a model.
3. Her sister Rangoli who is very close to Kangana is an acid attack survivor. Kangana looked after her all the time and got her treated at the best of the places. In an interview she said that when she did not have work, she would cut ribbons and earn money to take care of her sister.
4. She has proved herself with her powerful acting time and again. The actress won a National Award for the movie ‘Fashion’. The movie ‘Queen’ got her a number of awards including IIFA and Filmfare Award for Best Actress, it also gave her another National Award. For those who do not know, she has co-written the dialogues of ‘Queen’.
5. Despite working in the mainstream cinema, the actress doesn’t like watching movies and finds it tiring to sit and watch movies or television at all. She rather reads books and listen to music in her free time.
6. Her edgy, bold and risqué fashion choices have made her a fashion front runner and a style inspiration. She has become a style icon for today’s youth and the way she carries herself is admired by one and all.